Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spinach and Black Bean Lasagna







Spinach and Black Bean Lasagna
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 container, ricotta cheese
1 package, frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 tsp. salt
2 C Mozzarella and cheddar, shredded
about 2 cups cooked black beans (or 1 large can rinsed and drained) I used can.
3-4 cups spaghetti sauce (I used homemade) with lots of veggies - onions, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, celery and Yves meatless ground, which gives it good texture and good protein.
9 lasagna original noodles (follow instruction on pkg) I didn’t fully cook mine, approx. 8- 9 min.
1. Prepare your spaghetti sauce. I used my homemade sauce from my freezer. Add black beans.
2. In a separate bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, spinach, salt and ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
3. Start with lightly spreading about 1/3 of your sauce/bean mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 bakeware dish.
4. Cover with noodles and then cheese mixture.
5. Repeat layers, finishing with sauce/bean mixture
6. Cover with remaining shredded cheese.
7. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes with foil over top at 350 degrees. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until cheese gets nicely brown.

Enjoy with a Caesar salad, French or garlic bread.

Makes 10 servings. This lasagna makes great leftovers and freezes very well for future use.

6 comments:

  1. GREAT SUPPER TO COME HOME TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ...
    the lasagna looks amazing. Think I'll make one to put in frozen dinners while we're camping. I love the idea of the black beans, etc. Very yummy.
    hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    This recipe is delishhhh! It will freeze well. I'm doing the same! Nice to have on hand when we don't have time to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole, my mouth is watering! Need to go out right now and p/u the ingredients...it looks so good. I love the texture of black beans, and can't wait to try it combined with these other ingredients.

    Good stuff!!
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll enjoy this recipe for sure, Kellie!

    ReplyDelete