Sunday, February 28, 2010

Garden Goodies!


Yes, I know! We are still having snow! I'm done with winter! Aren't you?
I thought I would post some of our "Garden Goodies" from last year...as I am getting anxious to get started this year. We had three types of tomatoes. The low acid, "Golden Girl". The big "Viva Italia". The small "Romas" tomatoes very flavourful, but as you can see..very small! The tomatoes and potatoes didn't do well last year, due to too much rain. My patti pan squash did very well...kept producing and producing. We had so many. The one plant we had must have produced over 100. This is our second year, and we have had great success each time. We will definitely be growing them again this year. The color is amazing! Not only do they come in this vibrant yellow, they come in white and green. The flavour is mild and sweet!
We love to grill them on the BBQ...yummy! Recipe soon to come!

3 comments:

  1. Gardens will soon be worked on. Spring is in the air! I ordered my seeds yesterday. Can't wait to get dirty. I just love the ground under my fingernails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carole, it's Brian.

    I like your blog and all its wonderful recipes....especially the Black Bean Lasagna, and I'll definitely attempt to make the Patty Pan Soup. :)

    Thanks again for the Patty Pans and the massive cucumber,

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brian
    Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. It's been crazy...as you may know.
    Thank you for your comment. Patty pan soup is delish!Hope you try it. Pop over any time! We can enjoy some good food. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete